Awarded « Pioneer in Wine Tourism » by the Superior Counsel in Wine Tourism and “Best Welcome in the Vineyard” by the Revue des Vins de France, the Cazes family – owners of Château Lynch-Bages, Pauillac classified growth - has transformed the tiny hamlet surrounding their vineyard and winery into a retreat for lovers of wine and unusual destinations – and invites travelers to relish in a number of unique experiences under the Lynch-Bages & Cie label which combine wine, history, culture and the French art of living. It is Château Cordeillan-Bages, a 17th century manor home to a 28 rooms and suites hotel under the emblem of Relais & Châteaux since 1989, a gastronomic restaurant boasting 2 Michelin stars and 4 Gault et Millau hats directed by young Chef Jean-Luc Rocha, Meilleur Ouvrier de France, a 25m outdoor heated pool and a Swedish sauna.
Plus, in the picturesque village of Bages, bespoke visits of Château Lynch-Bages and its historic vat, Café Lavinal – a lively bistro and its terraces, contemporary art exhibits, curated boutiques, meeting rooms, cooking classes, wine tasting courses and the possibility to create your own barrel of wine from Bordeaux’s most coveted appellations with VINIV custom winery.
What’s up in 2015?
A collection of news experiential luxuries, including:
- Being hosted by Chef Jean-Luc Rocha and the house sommelier at The Chef’s Table in the kitchen (up to 6 guests) to dine behind the scenes of a two Michelin-starred restaurant,
- Perceive the local wineries by horse & carriage with a French champion rider onboard, and take a break for a picnic in the vineyard,
- Discover the geography of the Bordeaux vineyards during a river cruise (up to 8 passengers) on the Gironde estuary followed by lunch or dinner at Château Cordeillan-Bages, including a private tour of Château Lynch-Bages with tasting,
- Experience winemaking with the experts of Château Lynch-Bages and express your style and personality by learning the steps to creating your personal barrel of wine (2,5hrs atelier)
- Themed cooking classes with Chef Jean-Luc Rocha (2,5hrs for up to 12 guests) from Thursday thru Sunday choosing among a three-course menu, appetizers, entrées, fish, meats, deserts…
For more information and bookings, please contact Ms Tristane de La Presle
Tel: +335 56 59 24 24